Virtualizing The On Ramp To The Internet
The World’s Smartest SFP
Tibit Communications, Inc. is developing next-generation pluggable devices designed to virtualize the access network using industry leading Ethernet switching equipment. Network operators can create a new on ramp to the internet managed virtually from the cloud to the user.
Tibit Communications provides a key component in the re-architecture of the central office into a data center. The small, low power, and low cost pluggable devices from Tibit allow high performance Ethernet switching systems in the market now and in the future to replace traditional access equipment. The initial product, the Tibit MicroPlug OLT, provides FTTx PON fiber access from Ethernet switches, routers, or almost any device with an Ethernet port. Tibit provides the MicroPlug OLT and a software solution to connect with industry leading Software Defined Networking SDN orchestrators.
Constrained by Traditional Network Equipment
Broadband access service providers are faced with the daunting challenge of meeting the needs of the ever changing digital lifestyles of their customer base in a web scale environment. Service providers must meet the needs of this app-focused customer base with agility, elasticity and service velocity. Customers want more bandwidth at a lower price with more features delivered in shorter timeframes.
The Tibit MicroPlug Modules are key pieces of technology in the design of a next generation OLT. Tibit OLT modules can be used to create higher density or more flexible versions of today’s integrated solutions. Additionally, the Tibit OLT module can be used to create forward looking Virtual or Distributed OLT system solutions.
Tibit SFP + MicroPlug Technology
- SFT + OLT optics modules provide PON connectivity for Ethernet Switch or Router ports
- In-band management allows for local or remote administration and virtualization
- Low power and high density solutions with support for outside plant deployment
- MAC integration into SFP + allows for significantly better optical performance
TIBIT XGS-PON 10G SFP+ ONT
Tibit’s XGS-PON ONT Microplug is a hot-pluggable SFP+ Optical transceiver with a built-in 10g Ethernet-to-NG-Pon2 Ont Mac Bridge. it uses 10g XGS optics to enable the NG-PON2 solution at a fraction of the cost of tunable DWDM optics.
This 10g ONT plugs into low-cost Ethernet switches or other Ethernet-enabled networking equipment with SFP or SFP+ Sockets instantaneously enabling them to be part of a 10g PON network.
The SFP+ ONT is well suited for software defined networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) with its in-band Ethernet OAM capability.
The Tibit microplug enables service providers to quickly deploy high-bandwidth services in an agile, elastic, and dynamic way.
The sfp+ ONT Microplug allows an operator to create an OLT solution at remote locations without environmentally controlled cabinets. This approach significantly lowers CAPEX/OPEX costs.
The technology requires less space and power than any other product on the market.
- 10g Optical Transceiver with embedded Ethernet-to-PON ONT MAC Bridge
- Hot-Pluggable SFP+ footprint
- Supports symmetric 10G/10G mode of operation
- Compliant with ITU-T G.989 specifications
- In-band management via Ethernet OAM
- IEEE1588 transport
- Class N1/N2 XGS optics:
- 1270nm DFB laser (10G)
- 1577nm APD/TIA burst receiver (10g)
- Integrated digital diagnostics and monitoring (SFF-8472)
- Single fiber SC receptacle
- Multi-rate local interface:
- SFI (10g)
- 1000Base-x (1.25g)
- Enhanced jitter performance
- Low power
- Commercial and industrial temperature
- PON ONT connectivity for CPE devices
- Outside plant PON Access Bridge connectivity
- Wireless backhaul
- High-bandwidth business PON connectivity
- MDU-located PON Bridge
- High-density PON aggregation
- Data center PON