DZS SHDSL Bonded Ethernet Access Device
Extended-rate SHDSL EFM (2BASE-TL) Ethernet Access Device,
with 4 or 8 SHDSL WAN interfaces and 4 Ethernet LAN interfaces
The 4 and 8 port EtherXtend SHDSL Ethernet Access Devices (ETHX-3344-xx and ETHX-3384-xx, respectively) have been designed to deliver bonded high-speed Ethernet First Mile (EFM) services over SHDSL. The ETHX-33xx combines SHDSL bonding with advanced performance and management features to ensure high reliability, low latency, and maximum throughput.
DZS's line of EtherXtend access devices are built for reliability and resiliency: dynamic and proactive performance monitoring ensures the quality of bonded groups; seamless failure recovery and hitless adds and drops ensure maximum uptime; a hardware platform designed for a carrier environment. With application-aware traffic control services and built-in OAM, EtherXtend is able to provide more intelligence to a larger portion of the network than any other CPE, making EtherXtend the leading choice for delivering business-class SLAs over Ethernet.
Supporting DZS's own lightweight Ethernet bonding technologies, the EtherXtend is the most flexible Ethernet Access Device available; the EtherXtend device can aggregate into products such as the MALC broadband loop carrier, other EtherXtend units, or they may also connect into pre-standard Ethernet Loop Bonding products such as DZS's 12000E, SIM2000, SÂµD2000, SMD2000, and SNE2000 series Ethernet Access products. The ETHX-33xx provides 4 or 8 individual single copper pair SHDSL lines, each allowing for data rates up to 5.7 Mbps symmetrical bandwidth per port. The ETHX-33xx supports loop bonding, combining multiple copper pairs together for bandwidths of over 22Mbps (4 ports) or 45Mbps (8 ports) to a single customer.
- Automatic load balancing and fail-over on bonded ports for optimum throughput and redundancy
- Seamless migration from pre-standard Ethernet based SHDSL to full 802.3ah compliance using 2Base-TL and Ethernet OAM.
- Works with MALC or IPD 12000E platforms, or in "bookend" configurations.
- Compatible with all SHDSL network extender products as well as new EFM compliant CPE: Supports Loop Bonding using EFM or pre-standard bonding for maximum deployment flexibility.
- Hitless adds and drops allow new lines to be added to (or removed from) a bonded group without loss of service.
- Management options include 802.3ah OAM and CLI
Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 1.75” (4.45 cm) High x 10” (21.6 cm) Wide x 7.5” (19.1 cm) Deep
- -48V DC and Universal AC power options available
- 4 or 8 extended-rate SHDSL (2Base-TL) Interfaces
- 4 10/100 Ethernet Interfaces
- VoIP: MGCP (RFC 3435), SIP (RFC 3261), H.248
- VoATM: ATMF AAL2 LES
- G.711 encoding with G.168 echo cancellation
- G.729 with fallback to G.711 for fax
2 Interface Groups per card
- GR-303 / V5.2
- Full GR-303 EOC and TMC implementation
- Integrated Specials: Ground Start, Dial Pulse, Metering
- ITU G.994.1 G.handshake
- IEEE 802.3 Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3ah EFM (2Base-TL) (future)
- IEEE 802.1Q/p
- Host-based routing for per-interface IP address assignments
- Network-based routing for per-interface IP subnet assignments
- IP host and gateway support
- RIP v1,v2 (RFC 1058,2453) (future)
- RFC 1483/2684 Encapsulation
- DHCP Server (RFC 2131, 2132) (future)
- 802.1D support
- VLAN 802.1Q support
- Serial terminal and telnet for Command Line Interface (CLI)
- In-band IP via 10/100 Ethernet or WAN port
- Data rates provisionable up to 5.7Mbps symmetrical
- Distances up to 24,000ft/7,320m
- Cross-talk cancellation within bonded groups
- NEBS: GR-63-CORE, GR-1089-CORE
- EMC: FCC Part 15, CSA/C108.8, EN55022, CE Marking
- Safety: UL1950, CSA C22.2 No. 950, EN60950, IEC950
- CE Marking
- Temperature: -40ºF to 149ºF (-25ºC to 40ºC)
- Non operating temperature: -40ºF to 158ºF (-40ºC to 70ºC)
- Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Altitude: -200ft to 16,500ft (-60m to 5,000m)