DASAN Zhone EtherXtend EFM Ethernet Access Device
SHDSL.bis EFM (IEEE 802.3ah) Ethernet Access Device
ETHX-3014, ETHX-3024, ETHX-3044
DASAN Zhone's EtherXtend SHDSL EFM Ethernet Access Devices (EADs) allow Carriers, CLECs, ISPs and PTTs to deliver Ethernet services to their customers simply, quickly and cost-effectively over the existing copper plant. Intended for deployment at end-users' locations, these devices allow delivery of IEEE 802.3ah Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) services using the latest in SHDSL standards. By supporting up to 5.7 Mbps over a single copper pair, each pair can carry 150% more bandwidth than competing products that rely on traditional G.SHDSL standards.
The EtherXtend SHDSL EFM products are available in 1-port, 2-port, and 4-port configurations. The 2-port and 4-port units support loop bonding, thereby enabling up to 11.4 Mbps transmission rates over two copper pairs, or 22Mbps over four copper pairs. As with all of DASAN Zhone's EtherXtend product family, these products share some common attributes - enhanced performance in a streamlined, low-cost architecture, designed for ease-of-use, rapid deployments, and low-density applications.
At the Central Office, the MALC can be used with the EtherXtend EFM endpoints.
DASAN Zhone's line of EtherXtend EFM access devices are built for reliability and resiliency: dynamic and proactive performance monitoring ensures the quality of bonded groups; seamless failure recovery and hitless adds and drops ensure maximum uptime; a hardware platform designed for a carrier environment.
- Available in 1-port, 2-port or 4-port SHDSL.bis configurations
- Four 10/100 Ethernet ports
- Up to 5.7 Mbps on a single copper pair
- Up to 22 Mbps on four bonded loops
- Automatic load balancing and fail-over on bonded ports for optimum throughput redundancy (2-port and 4-port models)
- Seamless failure recovery allows dropped lines to retain and re-enter a bonded group automatically
- Compatible with DASAN Zhone's CO aggregation products (e.g. MALC, and 8820)